Mango Avocado Salsa with Pan-Seared Salmon
For the salsa
- Ripe mango – 2 cups diced (about 2 mangos)
- Chopped onion – ½ cup
- Avocado – 1 cup diced (1 medium avocado)
- Fresh coriander leaves – ¼ cup minced
- Extra virgin olive oil – 2 tablespoons
- Red chilli flakes – ¼ teaspoon
- Lemon juice – 1 – 1.5 tbsp
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh salmon filet – 1½ pounds (680 gms, approx)
- Freshly-ground black pepper
For garlic butter glaze (optional)
- Salted butter – 1 tbsp
- Minced garlic – 2 tsp
- Minced Parsley/dill leaves – 1 tbsp
- Combine all the ingredients for salsa in a bowl. Stir well. Adjust the seasoning and you are good to go.
- For Salmon
- Wash and pat dry the salmon nicely with a kitchen tissue. Season all sides with salt and pepper. Heat oil (I used olive oil) in a pan and place the salmon, skin-side-down. After a few mins, turn over. Cook it till it’s done as per your liking.
- For Butter garlic glaze
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add minced garlic and parsely. Cook for a min or two.
Make the salsa first and salmon later.